Manitoba Rejects Smart Meters, GMO & Lawsuits! Sept 12/14
Manitoba Wisely Rejects Smart Meters & Lawsuits! & GMO’s Banned!
Classaction Lawsuits for small business and individuals go to: www.stopsmartmetersbc.ca or firstname.lastname@example.org. to get involved Tami
Subject: update 2014-09-08 Manitoba halting plans for $meters
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 06:04:30 -0700
1) Manitoba not proceeding with smeter program, concerned about various issues, including fires.
2) In Australia the costs projected for the smeter program are being questioned. Has anyone asked why BC Hydro paid more for the ITRON meter and the program than any other place – as much as 2-3 times what other places have paid?? Could it be because the government refused to allow oversight? Could that be why the government refused oversight?
3) The issue of privacy is paramount with many of us – but the grid has no guarantee that the data gathered from our homes will not be used. Instead, the possibility of sharing data is very great. In the UK sharing the grid (the collectors have 8 transmitters, already very convenient for users in addition to Hydro) is being considered, and they are wondering “who will own the data?” It seems it won’t be the individuals.
4) In Florida, as in BC, the utilities are acting like out of control bullies, charging for services not rendered, charging extortion fees, turning off power. Only when the media got involved did anything help one 88 year old with medical problems. Where is our media??
5) A member received confirmation in writing that we are being discriminated against, especially those on equal payment plans. The BCUC made BC Hydro reduce (not eliminate) fees when the meters weren’t read as they are supposed to be, every second month. But those on equal payments will not have their legacy fees reduced and neither will their meters be read regularly.
I wrote to Jim Nicholson, Director of Customer Care regarding lack of clarity in Hydro bills. Daren Sanders, Senior Manager, Customer Service Operations responded. Mr. Sanders sent me a detailed, 13-page response, detailing months of hydro charges. He highlighted all the legacy meter charges. I was $227.00 in arrears, waiting for the meter reading charges to be clarified. Since Dec 2013, the meter readings alone have cost me $240.43. (Not paid to date.)
Summary of his response: My meter is scheduled to be read every two months, and I have to pay $32.40 every time it's read. On the months not read, there is also a charge. (Not specified.)
If I go on the equal payment plan, the meter reading charges will remain the same because my analog meter has been scheduled to be read every two months. (This, in spite of the fact that when I was on equal payment, they rarely read my meter.)
With the response came a second letter - a Disconnection Notice re: $227.00. It warned me that "a reconnection charge of up to $355 may apply".
Hydro has charged me $64.80 per two-month period, on three occasions to date: Jan - Mar, Mar - May, May - July. However Dec 2, 2013 - Jan 10,2014, the fee was $46.03.
I plan to write yet another letter requesting clarification
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/09/08/letters-trucking-lower-speed-limit-wars-smart-meters-teachers-strike-christy-clark-mike-smyth/ Hydro’s out there with their lies based on false/faulty information, trying to make us believe there have been no fires. I hope you will comment.
Dangers to Health & Safety via Smart Meters! Aug 25/14
Smart meters creating Insomnia & Type 2 Diabetes in people close to smart meter panels!
Wonder why so many people these days (perhaps you) are foggy-brained, have ear-ringing, can't sleep, numbed out, and on and on...? Science is increasingly pointing to the probable culprit: LOW-LEVEL, PULSED ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION - exactly what 'smart' meters emit. From this new paper, actually lauding the supposed benefits of disrupting the blood-brain barrier with electromagnetic pulses:
"The lowest energy condition, 300 bursts consisting of 850 ns bipolar pulses, resulted in significant BBB disruption (0.51 cm3), without displaying necrotic or apoptotic damage to neurological tissue."
Dirty electricity is caused by harmonics on the home wiring – like those caused by $meters. Dr. Magda Havas has shown that DE elevates blood sugar among those who are electrically sensitive causing a type of diabetes. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18568931
Article in The Province about $$meter fires.
I hope you will comment. Why are the lies continuing? Note how Hydro’s first response when asked about Luc de Beir’s fire was to lie, saying it was an analog meter. If Mr. de Beir had not stepped forward, saying he knew it was a smeter, and had a photo to prove it, my guess is they would have continued with that lie.
It’s time for the NDP to take this up as did the NDP in Sask. and ask why this being allowed to continue. Demand a full investigation into the process from start to finish. I’ve asked for one in my letter below.
2) In Sask. an investigation into the entire $$meter program. Hopefully it will be completely independent, open and honest.
3) Getting, using and selling our data is big business. This is one reason for the $meter. More of our data for Hydro to use and mis-use.
Subject: update 2014-09-12 Results of survey reporting health effects due to $meters
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 23:41:34 -0700
1) A survey regarding health effects of $$meters. A lot of very interesting information about symptoms suffered from exposure to $meters
2) More on the lack of cost-benefits from the UK. And these considerations do not look at the health and safety issues and the costs associated with the consequences.
3) There is some controversy surrounding the person involved, but people need to be aware that if your electricity is turned off, any generator that is used must be used with great caution. Keep it outside, far away from any open windows or doors.
4) Question from a member re. “net metering”. This member has been told that Hydro will allow “net metering”, where someone with solar panels gets credit for surplus electricity that is fed back into the system, only if there is a $$meter. I have read (I hope I understood it) that analogs can be “fed” electricity and they will run backwards, but of course Hydro would not allow this. Recently someone told me that Hydro has failed to credit his “net metering” ever since he got a $meter. Could people please share their experiences and ideas concerning this? Please email me at email@example.com with “net metering” on the subject line.
5) Cowichan Valley aiming to free itself from BC Hydro’s choke hold. Re. Solar Panels.
6) “Take Back Your Power” will be shown on Colorado’s PBS this weekend. It is available to various TV stations, and this would enable many people to learn about the dangers of and problems associated with $meters.
Request TBYP TV broadcast in your city:
Response from an NDP MLA to the letter which follows. Note: questions not answered. I have asked the author to ask for comments re. fires.
From: Krog.MLA, Leonard Eugene <Leonard.Krog.MLA@leg.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Subject: FW: Paying legacy fees that equal electricity used
Thank you for your email. There’s lots of examples of the work the NDP Opposition done on smart meters when John Horgan was critic and tons of links to news releases and Hansard demonstrating that our caucus was speaking out about smart meters from the time they were first announced.
News Release: B.C. Liberals directing independent power regulator to rubber stamp smart meter fees http://bit.ly/1r3bc9
We strongly believe that the program should have been subjected to an independent review by the BCUC. Most recently, John Horgan spoke out in the Legislature in the DEBATES OF THE LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY, (HANSARD), WEDNESDAY, MAY 14, 2014, which fell on deaf Liberal ears:
If you feel that a mistake has been made on your utility bill, and you fill in the attached Consent to Obtain Personal Information, I can send it in to BC Hydro for review.
LEONARD KROG, MLA
pdf attached - complaint form for billing complaints to bc hydro
Sent: September 11, 2014 9:35 AM
Dear John Horgan,
cc: Leonard Krog
I am a 25 year customer of BC Hydro, earning less than $10k a year as a music teacher and living in a house under 700 square feet.
This past July/August BC Hydro billing period I was able to get our two-person house's bill down to $60 for 60 days (used minimal electricity to produce lowest bill of the year).
The bill from Hydro arrived yesterday totalling $125.
$60 of that is for power used
Another $60 is for "legacy meter fee."
So now I am paying $1 a day for the smallest use of electricity possible for two people in an all-electric house, and another $1 a day for the legacy meter fee.
Does this strike you as ironic?
I am paying more to STOP the utility-monopoly from placing an "energy saving device" on my house, at this point in the year, then I am for their electricity.
What's wrong with this picture?
I summarize my arguments below.
Please hand this to Mr. John Horgan, please!
Any sane individual will see that this so called "smart" program has gone far enough.
Why am I against so called "smart" meters?
- residential electricity is only 30% of all used in BC
- don't need meters on every house, just one for whole neighbourhood or substation and main-lines.
- this smartmetering is not required to go "green" since there is no fossil-fuel backup generators in the system (we have controllable water dams in BC)
- our province has more than enough elecricity (no shortages, no extra generator backup required)
- there was no independent oversight over the program and it is run as a monopoly
- invades privacy extremely; no consumer protection. B.C. Privacy commissioner found 14 violations; none have been corrected.
- creates expensive electricity; the less used, the higher the price that is set.That is the purpose of TOU billing. Determine the high points and charge more for them.
- instigated without oversight or business plan; no consumer input or understanding.
- no cost savings to customers (see UK panel's 2% or $30 a year savings but only if customer understands and is able to lower their
- no explanation for 15 minute readings and constant radio-mesh-network always ON
- no energy savings information given to customers except suggestions of clothes-lines for drying laundry and shutting off power vampires/turning off lights/changing to LED bulbs etc.
- no safety checks on whole system (no longterm pilots)
- customers are actually the utility's owners (crown corporation) and yet are unable to stop expensive and possibly dangerous program
- especially injurious to the poor - cannot change their tiny usuage, but must pay more for it
- could imperil those with health problems (meters broadcast wifi too near to home-bound patients)
- creates a wifi intensity in neighbourhoods that could injure devloping fetuses or small children
- can cause house fires
- zero proof that it does what it claims to do (Not "green") ie:
outages/grow-ops/rip-off-artists/tampering - no proof that smeter solve these.
- short lifespan; software outdated quickly, ends up in the garbage (analogs can last 30-50 years and are mechanically refurbishable)
- could be used by security services or police/homeland-security US to locate persons of interest (wifi area-locaters on every home and gridding all homes)
- could be hacked
- could be used as a weapon (hackers could increase wifi waves to harmful levels or shut off whole areas from power.)
- could be nefarious in general (not what it purports to be but a surveillance device or house control device)
- no proof that it is safe, effective, or a good idea. NONE.
- forced on people despite their stating they don't want it
- "deployed" by semi-trained workers, many of whom were too fast, too sneaky and/or aggressive
- extortion fees demanded of those who refused to have one.
- mainstream media being manipulated not to expose problems.
What's good about the smart program again?
Oh yes: Being able to read a graph of your electricity usage online.
But, you could do that with other apps that can be made fully private and firewalled against intrustion, and do not bathe home in wifi signals from all other homes in a meshed network.
Hopefully any intelligent person can see the problems here
Thank you for stopping smart meters.
Does it matter why the smart meter burns your home? Or just that it does?
“How many fires are enough, Mr. Bennett?"
Mexico & Oregon Ban GMO Crops! Sept 12/14
Mexico's judge turns Monsanto's dream into nightmare
Mexico's judge turns Monsanto's dream into nightmare
Sep 04, 2014
Last year I was told that Microsoft's Bill Gates and Carlos Slim went to Mexico with $20 million in hand to bribe Mexico's lawmakers into allowing Monsanto to bring GMO seeds to Mexico. Then the president of Mexico discovered that a major university in Mexico had been developing a much better way to feed the world with old-world seeds, including corn that would produce up to 13 ears of corn per stalk. (Normal production is just 2 ears.)
I have seen the pictures of this super-corn having 10 ears on one stalk. DNA tests show that under the right conditions, God created it to produce up to 13 ears of corn. They are using frequency technology to energize the water and seeds so that it will outproduce anything on earth today. The University plans to make Mexico the breadbasket of the world--that is, unless the GMO's spoil the environment and the big seed companies succeed in their plan to take control of the world's food supply.
By the way, 44 of the top experts on corn seeds are in Mexico and are grads from this university. None of them want GMO seed corn in their country.
It was reported to me by a faculty member of this same major university that after the distribution of the bribe money, the Mexican president could not stop the lawmakers from passing the law to allow GMO's, but he instructed his good friend, the judge, to block the law on constitutional grounds. Monsanto now has to conduct years of tests to prove that it's GMO's are safe to the environment. It is doubtful that they will be able to prove this.
That is the story as I heard it from my faculty friend from the agricultural department of the university.
It appears that the following news article is about this situation.
The latest country to put a spanner in the works is Mexico. This past week the country’s Federal Court voted to uphold Judge Marroquín Zaleta’s 2013 ruling to suspend the granting of licenses for GMO field trials sought by Monsanto, Syngenta, Dow, Pionner-Dupont and Mexico’s SEMARNAT (Environment and Natural Resources Ministry). Zaleta’s ruling was in response to a suit brought by a collective of 53 scientists and 22 civil rights organizations and NGOs.
In defending his ruling, Zaleta cited the potential risks to the environment posed by GMO corn. If the biotech industry got its way, he argued, more than 7000 years of indigenous maize cultivation in Mexico would be endangered, with the country’s 60 varieties of corn directly threatened by cross-pollination from transgenic strands. Monsanto’s response was as swift as it was brutal: not only did it – and its lackeys in the Mexican government – appeal Zaleta’s ruling, it also demanded his removal from the bench on the grounds that he had already stated his opinion on the case before sentencing.
However, Monsanto’s bullying tactics failed to impress the Mexican judges. On August 15, the court convened to review Zaleta’s alleged bias ruled against the U.S. corporation’s legal suit. Also spurned by the Mexican courts was the world’s third largest GMO seed manufacturer, Syngenta, whose reapplication for a license to run test trials of its maize crops was rejected this week by the Federal Court.
- See more at: http://www.gods-kingdom-ministries.n....vgFfNx5L.dpuf
5 Million Farmers Sue Monsanto for $7.7 Billion
Launching a lawsuit against the very company that is responsible for a farmer suicide every 30 minutes, 5 million farmers are now suing Monsanto for as much as 6.2 billion euros (around 7.7 billion US dollars). The reason? As with many other cases, such as the ones that led certain farming regions to be known as the ‘suicide belt’, Monsanto has been reportedly taxing the farmers to financial shambles with ridiculous royalty charges. The farmers state that Monsanto has been unfairly gathering exorbitant profits each year on a global scale from “renewal” seed harvests, which are crops planted using seed from the previous year’s harvest.
The practice of using renewal seeds dates back to ancient times, but Monsanto seeks to collect massive royalties and put an end to the practice. Why? Because Monsanto owns the very patent to the genetically modified seed, and is charging the farmers not only for the original crops, but the later harvests as well. Eventually, the royalties compound and many farmers begin to struggle with even keeping their farm afloat. It is for this reason that India slammed Monsanto with groundbreaking ‘bio-piracy’ charges in an effort to stop Monsanto from ‘patenting life’.
Oregon Counties Ban GMO Crops
Residents of two rural farming communities in Oregon voted to ban GMO crops this week despite the corporate cash pouring into the opposing campaign. The ban mandates removal or destruction of all GMO plants within a year. A statewide law on seed regulation came into effect after Jackson County’s proposal qualified for the ballot. Because Josephine County’s proposal came after the state law was passed, it will likely be contested in court.
Awesome: Oregon Aims to Be First State to Map GMO Fields
Submitted by Alice on June 22, 2014
More Good News ref: GMO Bans Worldwide and several other political wins for the people:
After reading this article, you just may be willing to move to Oregon – the state that just keeps getting better and better. Residents in southern Oregon already voted compellingly to ban genetically modified crops just last month, and now the state plans to map out all GMO fields within its borders to help mitigate the damage of cross-pollination.
Which causes cancer more quickly: cigarettes, diet soda or GMOs?