BC Smart Meter Protests and Class actions! May 16/14
Circle June 14 for our Day of Protest against this undemocratic, invasive and dangerous program!! In Shuswap, a driving caravan is being planned. I will let you know about Nanaimo and Vancouver as soon as venues are finalized. In Victoria we are planning on holding it at the Leg, 12-2. Please pass word, tell people to keep that date and time open. More details will be provided as available. If you can help out, handing out flyers, putting up posters, etc. email to email@example.com. WE’RE MADE AS HE** AND WE’RE NOT TAKING IT ANY MORE!!
SMART GRID PROTEST DAY – JUNE 14 – BC WIDE. START PLANNING. MORE INFO. COMING.
1) Info from a member:
Regarding the part of your update (2014-05-03) with the following statement from a customer , ’my husband noticed a small white pickup ON OUR DRIVEWAY’.
Due to safety reasons with children, pets, etc. Utility companies are NOT permitted to park their vehicles on customer’s private property or driveways.
In the years I worked for a utility company, some installers got time off work without pay, for parking on customer’s driveway, after the customer complained.
2) A very interesting map a member discovered that shows AMR (one way communication) and AMI (2-way communications, like our stupid program) $$meter programs around the world. Raises the question: why all at once?
3) On the Coalition website there are some very interesting comments. Please feel free to add at http://www.stopsmartmetersbc.ca/html/?p=7592 In one, someone mentions that a Corix installer lied to her about not having any analogs, only digitals. When she refused, he said a new batch of analogs would be in tomorrow so she said, great, she’d wait. The miraculously he remembered he had 4 analogs in his truck. Why the lie? All of this is very odd. Sure wish Hydro would explain what really is going on.
4) This is just one of many emails I’ve received today about Corix installing digitals. I suggest that this person demand an analog. Hydro has them and if he had an analog before, he has every right to demand another one. We must protect our analogs and with more than rings, which are being cut off. Take a look at www.stopsmartmetersbc.ca under Printables, toward the bottom for ideas about what you can do.
Just out of the house for a short while and low and behold, when I return, we have had a new meter installed by Hydro. It does not look similar to a smart meter but it is digital and not analog. I have a letter posted underneath my meter stating that I want to keep my analog meter with my signature added and the date of Dec. 2013. The letter also states that I have informed B.C. Hydro of my decision (which I have done). They have also cut down some wisteria that grew along my kitchen window which did not grow anywhere near the meter. Right now I am furious and hoping that I can do something but I don’t know what. I did everything that was recommended and still they come on my property and remove the analog meter. If you can offer any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.
5) In Spain some groups are really thinking smart and green.
6) A new battle to resist $$meters is beginning in Illinois. Each day more groups are forming. We can stop this grid.
Sent: May 4, 2014 5:58 PM
Subject: Re Meter Replacement Notification
Dear Mr. Reimer
I have received your letter dated April 29, 2014, in which you are advising me that the seal on my analog has expired.
Could you please provide me with the records showing the certification of my meter. You may email it to me at your earliest convenience.
Until I have a chance to see for myself exactly when my seal expires, I will be holding on to my current analog meter, at least until you have shared the above information with me.
My information is as follows:
Account # XXXXXX
Meter # 00000
Maker of meter: Sangamo K2S
Should my analog seal indeed be expired, I would ask for the make and model and certification date of what the replacement analog would be, yes I would require an analog exactly as I currently have, as your lawyer has shared with BCUC that you have several thousand still in your possession, I trust this is no problem. (I have copied BCUC in on this email)
Finally, if my analog seal has indeed expired, I would appreciate a set appointment as well as a licensed BC Hydro electrician to exchange the meter. I am not only looking out for your property, but more importantly, mine as well.
For now, I'm looking forward to seeing the records of the certification of my current analog meter.
Subject: BC HYDRO CLASS ACTION / BCUC :: Citizens for Safe Technology
A world-first clincial study into the harmful effects of Smart Meters
Subject: update 2014-05-12 Please contact the media about what is happening.
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 23:27:14 -0700
1) From a member who took photos of the “refurbished” meter. I suggested that he contact CBC, CTV, Chek, Global, Bill Good, etc. in addition to complaining to BCUC and his MLA. BCUC has a duty to get involved – this is (supposedly) not part of the $meter program, rather ordinary maintenance!! CTV’s Lynda Steele firstname.lastname@example.org ; CBC local news call 604-662-6801 in Vancouver; Global Email tips@GlobalTVBC.com or Call at 604-420-2288. Bill Good at Good@cknw.com It is impossible to have confidence in anything Hydro is doing. Please protect your analogs.
I have donated to the defense fund and had sent the letter to Greg Reimer re replacement of our present analog meter.
I followed up with a phone call requesting that an appointment be made also before installing the "new" meter.
All of this was ignored and this morning at 0855 two Corvix employees showed up with a replacement meter.
It was covered in green mold and had a spider nest in the back of it. (photos were taken but are not included in this email due to size.)
They could not tell me when it would expire and when they phoned Hydro no one there could say as well. I refused them entry to install it as the meter is and has been for over 20 years, inside our house.
They informed me that it would cost me $65.00 and left.
That meter looked like it had just be taken out of a garbage can and certainly had not been calibrated.
This is simply harassment.
2) Finally a letter got published refuting Tom Fletcher’s article celebrating the BCUC’s refusal to reduce the fees. Way to do, Lori! Please provide comments.
3) Another collector found, this one in Richmond on old Westminster Hwy, on the north side, nearest address is 22031 Westminster Hwy.
A special letter:
(Susan Foster has fought to have cell transmitters removed from Fire Stations across the US, when firemen were suffering cancers at alarming rates. She has long argued against the power of the telecommunications companies who have almost unlimited power in both Canada and the US. This lawsuit is a major one.
If each of you could donate just $10 Edna would have enough to pay for the travel of the experts so badly needed to support her case. Her battle is our battle. Her victory will be our victory.)