BC Smart Meter Protests, Classaction and spying! May 31/14
‘Smart’ Meter Spying Finally Admitted
Industry mouthpiece SmartGridNews finally admitted that “smart” meters are surveillance devices. Of course they didn’t quite put it that bluntly. In fact, they celebrate the ability of utilities to know what appliances people use as another tool to help craft the wonderful world of the future.
Below is my letter to the Arizona Corporation Commission pointing out that industry has finally come out and admitted what I and others have been saying for years. [Note from TBYP: It's important that you send your utility your notice of Non-Consent via registered mail. Subscribe to our Newsletter for forthcoming news, and see our Solutions page for current links to templates.]
SMART METER RALLY Saturday, June 14
B.C. RALLY for a REAL Smart Meter Opt-out . . . for ALL!
SMART METERS = DEMOCRACY DENIED
JOIN one of several B.C. RALLIES to SUPPORT EVERYONE'S HUMAN RIGHT to OPT OUT of our undemocratic, provincially mandated SMART METER program.
Rallies will include prominent speakers and activities.
LOWER MAINLAND: in BURNABY FRASER FORESHORE PARK, across from Smart Meter headquarters, 9265 Glenlyon Pkwy, Burnaby
(12 p.m. to 2 p.m.)
VICTORIA: in front of the B.C. Legislature Building
(12 p.m. to 2 p.m.)
NANAIMO: at M.L.A.'s office, 4-77 Victoria Crescent
(11 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
SALMON ARM: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
(12 p.m. to 2 p.m.)
UPPER SUNSHINE COAST in Powell River. March from BC Hydro Office to office of MP Nicholas Simon
(12 p.m. to 2 p.m.)
These rallies will take place in tandem with the smart meter rallies happening in MONTREAL and other QUEBEC communities on June 14th. This will be a COAST-TO-COAST expression of Canadians' outrage and concerns about the Smart Meter Program nation-wide, and the governments that support them.
Your attendance and/or assistance are important, and greatly appreciated.
VANCOUVER / LOWER MAINLAND FLYER TEMPLATE
VICTORIA AREA FLYER TEMPLATE
NANAIMO AREA FLYER TEMPLATE
POWELL RIVER / SUNSHINE COAST FLYER TEMPLATE
Circle June 14 for our Day of Protest against this undemocratic, invasive and dangerous program!! In Shuswap, a driving caravan is being planned. I will let you know about Nanaimo and Vancouver as soon as venues are finalized. In Victoria we are planning on holding it at the Leg, 12-2. Please pass word, tell people to keep that date and time open. More details will be provided as available. If you can help out, handing out flyers, putting up posters, etc. email to email@example.com. WE’RE MADE AS HE** AND WE’RE NOT TAKING IT ANY MORE!!
SMART GRID PROTEST DAY – JUNE 14 – BC WIDE. START PLANNING. MORE INFO. COMING.
1) Info from a member:
Regarding the part of your update (2014-05-03) with the following statement from a customer , ’my husband noticed a small white pickup ON OUR DRIVEWAY’.
Due to safety reasons with children, pets, etc. Utility companies are NOT permitted to park their vehicles on customer’s private property or driveways.
In the years I worked for a utility company, some installers got time off work without pay, for parking on customer’s driveway, after the customer complained.
2) A very interesting map a member discovered that shows AMR (one way communication) and AMI (2-way communications, like our stupid program) $$meter programs around the world. Raises the question: why all at once?
3) On the Coalition website there are some very interesting comments. Please feel free to add at http://www.stopsmartmetersbc.ca/html/?p=7592 In one, someone mentions that a Corix installer lied to her about not having any analogs, only digitals. When she refused, he said a new batch of analogs would be in tomorrow so she said, great, she’d wait. The miraculously he remembered he had 4 analogs in his truck. Why the lie? All of this is very odd. Sure wish Hydro would explain what really is going on.
4) This is just one of many emails I’ve received today about Corix installing digitals. I suggest that this person demand an analog. Hydro has them and if he had an analog before, he has every right to demand another one. We must protect our analogs and with more than rings, which are being cut off. Take a look at www.stopsmartmetersbc.ca under Printables, toward the bottom for ideas about what you can do.
Just out of the house for a short while and low and behold, when I return, we have had a new meter installed by Hydro. It does not look similar to a smart meter but it is digital and not analog. I have a letter posted underneath my meter stating that I want to keep my analog meter with my signature added and the date of Dec. 2013. The letter also states that I have informed B.C. Hydro of my decision (which I have done). They have also cut down some wisteria that grew along my kitchen window which did not grow anywhere near the meter. Right now I am furious and hoping that I can do something but I don’t know what. I did everything that was recommended and still they come on my property and remove the analog meter. If you can offer any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.
5) In Spain some groups are really thinking smart and green.
6) A new battle to resist $$meters is beginning in Illinois. Each day more groups are forming. We can stop this grid.
Sent: May 4, 2014 5:58 PM
Subject: Re Meter Replacement Notification
Dear Mr. Reimer
I have received your letter dated April 29, 2014, in which you are advising me that the seal on my analog has expired.
Could you please provide me with the records showing the certification of my meter. You may email it to me at your earliest convenience.
Until I have a chance to see for myself exactly when my seal expires, I will be holding on to my current analog meter, at least until you have shared the above information with me.
My information is as follows:
Account # XXXXXX
Meter # 00000
Maker of meter: Sangamo K2S
Should my analog seal indeed be expired, I would ask for the make and model and certification date of what the replacement analog would be, yes I would require an analog exactly as I currently have, as your lawyer has shared with BCUC that you have several thousand still in your possession, I trust this is no problem. (I have copied BCUC in on this email)
Finally, if my analog seal has indeed expired, I would appreciate a set appointment as well as a licensed BC Hydro electrician to exchange the meter. I am not only looking out for your property, but more importantly, mine as well.
For now, I'm looking forward to seeing the records of the certification of my current analog meter.
Subject: BC HYDRO CLASS ACTION / BCUC :: Citizens for Safe Technology
A world-first clincial study into the harmful effects of Smart Meters
Subject: update 2014-05-12 Please contact the media about what is happening.
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 23:27:14 -0700
1) From a member who took photos of the “refurbished” meter. I suggested that he contact CBC, CTV, Chek, Global, Bill Good, etc. in addition to complaining to BCUC and his MLA. BCUC has a duty to get involved – this is (supposedly) not part of the $meter program, rather ordinary maintenance!! CTV’s Lynda Steele firstname.lastname@example.org ; CBC local news call 604-662-6801 in Vancouver; Global Email tips@GlobalTVBC.com or Call at 604-420-2288. Bill Good at Good@cknw.com It is impossible to have confidence in anything Hydro is doing. Please protect your analogs.
I have donated to the defense fund and had sent the letter to Greg Reimer re replacement of our present analog meter.